Carol Stein Live” was recorded in Switzerland during a live solo piano concert for an international firm called Eco Physics. The concert consists of standards and requests by the audience. You can hear the spontaneous magic as Carol weaves her own personal touch into each arrangement.
Review of “Carol Stein Live” by Danny Ryhiner:
Even before starting to play, Carol holds her public with a rare blend of warmth, showmanship, and charming personality. After just a few bars, the audience is captivated by her irrepressible joy in performing, her breathtaking piano skills, and her rare talent for sheer entertainment! Whether delivering a ballad with delicate sensitivity or unleashing her boundless energy in a vigorous swing number, her music can be relied on to get under your skin.
She shows incredible talent for improvisation by spontaneously weaving musical ideas into well known songs. As she combines Ain’t Misbehavin’ with parts of Liszt’s 2nd Rhapsody – making it sound as if these two compositions had always been paired.
Carol Stein is an entertainment genius. She’s at her best when she can give her public what they want: performing each number like a miniature work of art which will endure in the listener’s memory.
01. Caravan – Duke Ellington
02. Blue Skies – Irving Berlin
03. Embraceable You – George Gershwin
04. It’s Only a Paper Moon – Music: Harold Arlen – Lyrics: Billy Rose
05. Don’t Explain – Music: Billy Holiday – Lyrics: Arthur Herzog Jr.
06. The Old Piano Roll Blues – Cy Coben
07. Body and Soul – John Green
08. As Time Goes By – Herman Hupfeld
09. Who Can I Turn To – Anthony Newly/Leslie Bricus
10. Ain’t Misbehavin – Thomas “Fats” Waller
11. Someone to Watch Over Me – George/Ira Gershwin
12. Beethoven Boogie – Carol J. Stein
13. I Wish You Love – Music: Charles Trenet – Lyrics: Albert A. Beach